Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pictures!

I realize it's been over a week since I last posted, and I feel terrible for it. Comcast isn't able to get to our house to hook up Internet until after the 4th of July, so until then I have to find time when I'm near wi-fi and not working to update. I wanted to post a few "before" shots of thehouse while I have a minute.


This is the outside of the house (obviously.)

This is what the floors looked like before we sanded them. They had dark stains in several places, so we sanded them and plan to stain them darker. This way we didn't have to sand terribly far down, which takes more time and effort. We were able to rent a belt sander from a local hardware store for $55 for 24 hours. We only used three pieces of sandpaper (one that was on it and partially used) so the total came to $65.

"Before" den

"Before" kitchen wall. Hand painted wall...not sure what was going on here, but I'm ready for it to be gone!

Sanded floors.

I'll post a few more pics later with an update of our work and planning over the last week.








No comments:

Post a Comment