Saturday, June 19, 2010

Floors, Fridges and Moving Day

Disclaimer: I'm exhausted, so I apologize for whatever rambling might follow. I tried really hard for alliteration with my title, but my vocabulary is failing miserably at the moment! Yesterday I got in the house to clean...and three hours later I finished the bathroom--yikes! The dirt, dust and grime was intense. Thanks to my dear friend Christie our mustard-yellow fridge is clean...two and a half hours of elbow grease to accomplish that feat! (We didn't plan to buy a dust-covered home; however, the house is part of a trust and hasn't been occupied in a few years.)

Friday's goal was to clean the entire house--which more or less happened, mainly because of our wonderful friends who stopped by to tackle whatever project I came up with when they walked through the door--as well as sand all of the wood floors in the house. We started that project Thursday afternoon but soon realized that we could rent a large belt sander for way less than the cost of belts for our small one. Andrew did an amazing job, working from 5 until 11 at night, and all this without much light. The sander tripped a breaker that we couldn't get fixed so most of the late night cleaning and sanding happened by streetlight and moonlight.

Saturday morning came early...6:30 too early. I had to make a run to Wal-Mart for tape to finish our last minute packing before we left to pick up the U-Haul. Following a rental truck mix-up, we were able to get moved without too much trouble. Huge huge thanks to our friends who worked so hard and were flexible enough to cram coffeemakers, groceries and other odds and ends into their trunks.

While I did promise pictures yesterday, I'm not entirely sure where the camera cord is at this moment. I'll do my best to get those up soon. Agenda for tomorrow...cleaning the old apartment and initial kitchen design. We do hope to grab a nap or two also!

No comments:

Post a Comment