Monday, November 14, 2011

Mixin' it up

You may have noticed in my last post that I detoured from the usual renovation posts to talk about something else, in this case, my pregnancy. I also recently changed the blog header and tag so it reads "home renovation + life along the way." I decided I'd like to write more about the things we do, trips we take, good recipes we find, crafts, sewing projects, etc. etc. And since I knew we were going to have a baby when I redesigned the header, I figured some of my family might like to be kept up to date with the kiddo once it gets here. Thus, you will begin seeing more posts that are non-renovation related, as well as posts about the house as we complete more projects.

Speaking of projects, this week I'll have pictures up of our "almost finished" kitchen--90% of the cabinets are in, the countertops (minus the bar) are in and the sink works! Woohoo! We also completely cleaned out our garage on Saturday--to the point my car can actually fit in there! Besides more little things in the kitchen (think backsplash, trim, installing the bar, securing the pantry cabinets), we have a laundry list of projects to accomplish by the time the baby gets here. We'll see how far we get. Things we'd *like* to complete include: finishing the ceiling in the living room and hallway, painting those areas, maybe redoing the floor in the mudroom and, of course, repainting a room for the nursery. Unfortunately, I've been told I can't paint (can't say I'm terribly sad about that!), but stay tuned as I try to find ways around that...

Ready, set, approximately 25 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment