Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mass Baby Shower!

Saturday, March 31 finally came! My awesome friends Jenna, Laura, Kristin and Christie threw me a fabulous baby shower here in South Hadley. It was full of great friends, yummy brunch foods, beautiful decor, delicious cupcakes and one giant cake made by our friend Lauren. Other friends pitched in with food/drink, too, which was so awesome of them.

We ate said yummy food, played some games and I got to open gifts this time instead of envelopes (my first shower in Bama was a gift card shower--super great, but not much wrapping paper to throw around!). We did a baby version of Catchphrase in two separate groups due to numbers, and apparently there are lots of terms associated with birth/babies that don't translate well as determined by the international college students in attendance. Duly noted :)

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story (with some captions, of course!).


My chair! Christie's daughters helped out and painted the sign above the rocking chair.

 The spread...so much food! And all of it was amazing!

 Fun friends!

The entry tables: one with my book and another with an encouragement station and this awesome tree print I found for people to sign with their thumb or fingerprints.

 Super cute pansies were everywhere, and guests took them home as favors

Gifts!

 Laura, Kristin, me, Jenna and Christie

 Opening prefolds for my journey into cloth diapering

 The tree--it looks awesome with all the prints on it and will hang in the baby's room

My friend Sarah's mom, Cheryl, made this quilt with fabric from
The Very Hungry Caterpillar--super cute!!

Erica and Adeline--I had to post this, Adeline's faces are priceless!

Thanks to everyone who made my shower so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment