Monday, March 26, 2012

Scenes from Baby Floyd’s first shower


Over President’s Day weekend in February I flew back to Bama to help host a baby shower for my sister-in-law Brandy and for my first shower in Fort Payne.  Here are a few pics Brandy took at my shower:

Me with several of the hostesses

 My mother-in-law, niece and sister-in-law came up from Birmingham

Delicious and super cute cookies!!

Some of the shower decor

The shower was held at the church I grew up in, and 14 women signed on to help host the event. Many of them worked with my mom, and I’m so thankful her friends continue to check in on the family and care for us seven years after mom passed away.

Anyway, in the South it’s traditional to give hostess gifts, but what do you get 14 women that won’t break the bank AND will be compact enough to travel from Mass to Bama? Coasters! I posted a few weeks ago about the Christmas gifts I made, and one of them was coasters. While I made four sets at Christmas, I made 14 sets for this shower! It was a bit crazy at the house for two days while I set up my assembly line.

It was also heavy. I didn’t realize how much 14 sets of coasters would weigh (though I should have—I did buy them and carry them to the car), and I knew I needed to carry them on so they wouldn’t break. Thank goodness for small, rolling, carry-on suitcases and really nice TSA agents who compliment you on your crafting ability while checking said suitcase for suspicious activity! Here are a few pictures of the process:

TONS of scrapbook paper needed for this undertaking...

Six sets complete!

And the other eight!

 The day before we had Brandy’s shower in Birmingham. I spent the weeks leading up to the shower crafting for my nephew who should arrive any day now! These are pictures of some of the gifts I made for baby Collier:

Applique onesies

Collier's rag quilt

Burp cloths


I got these from Etsy. Brandy can stick them on Collier's outfit and take monthly pictures.

My friend's mom made an owl rattle, and I included a candle. I also made a book through Shutterfly telling Collier about his grandmother Charlotte.

Preggo sisters-in-law!

Some of you know I started a temp job in January that was supposed to be for about a month. It actually lasted until March 2, which was really helpful financially and as a distraction to entering my third trimester. Even though I only worked there for two months, the women in my department were super sweet and threw me a surprise baby shower on my last day at work. I don’t have pictures from the party, but they gave us a laundry basket full of toys, books and other cute baby items. Such a fun way to end my time at Yankee Candle Corporate!

2 comments:

  1. These are such precious gifts, Jenn. I'm crying from reading about the Shutterfly book about your sweet momma. I may use that idea for us in the future. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I'm going to write one for our baby, too, but I'm waiting until after we find out what the baby is so I know the name. Several of my family members were a huge help with pictures and stories about mom. I'll use a lot of what I did for Collier for our baby, just add more of my favorite memories and pictures instead of Jon's.

    ReplyDelete